Improving Skills, Engagement and Recruitment within the Workforce to drive results:Insights from St Vincent’s Private Hospital
In this article, Sarah Coleman, Workforce Planning and Development Manager at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney, shares the benefits Magnet provides in terms of meeting long-term workforce and business objectives; and the key strategies her team is using to sustain an strong workforce culture to drive engagement and improve retention.
Driving workforce planning outcomes with people analytics An international case study with the largest private healthcare provider in the US
In this article, Chirag Padalia, Director of Workforce Strategy & Analytics at aurora, shares how his team is using workforce analytics to identify cost saving opportunities, address critical business challenges and improve talent acquisition across the organisation.
Based on research ahead of the 11th Annual Workforce Planning for Healthcare Summit 2017, this article explores 7 steps healthcare organisations can focus on to maximise the effectiveness of staff through strategic workforce planning, understanding current capability and scenario planning for the future.
Ahead of Workforce Planning for Health 2018, we chat to Helen Finneran, Workforce Planner in the Department of Health and Human Services in Victoria about:
- The steps needed to develop new roles to fill consumer health care demands
- Creating new training innovations to up-skill staff to take on new tasks
- Ensuring the future supply of skilled health care workers with new workforce models
Ahead of the Workforce Planning for Health Summit 2018, we chat to Colin Smyth, Program Coordinator for Metro North Hospital’s “Values in Action” Initiative about:
- Using Value Based Recruitment to source suitable organisational talent
- Improving health care service offerings by creating a positive work environment
- Developing workplace initiatives to support staff with work related stress
Ahead of Workforce Planning for Health 2018, we chat to Jac Mathieson, Chief Nursing Officer at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. In this article Jac discusses:
- How a workforce shortage in healthcare affects hospitals
- How Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre copes with this issue by up skilling their existing staff to handle increased demand.
- Workforce planning for the future to deal with workforce shortages