Director of Workforce
Mildura Base Hospital
Having effective tools and solution focused approaches helps ensure a coherent workforce planning strategy. Be guided in this interactive session as you’re taught the core elements of RAPTA, the Resilience, Adaptation Pathways and Transformation Assessment Framework, which was implemented in Mildura Base Hospital.
What will this workshop cover?
- Building strategic and operational workforce planning capacity
- Building efficient rostering tools to see an increase skill set of nurses and health workers
- Applying evidence based workforce planning to workforce risk management and mitigation strategies
- Integrating workforce planning into the business planning cycle
- Measuring the ROI in workforce planning initiatives
2:20 PM Leadership and Governance: Implementing Workforce Planning Capabilities in Mildura Base Hospital through Governance and Stakeholder Engagement
The role of senior health professionals to influence both the size and quality in staffing is a critical function in the overarching structure of workforce planning, especially in light of ongoing advancement in health technologies. In order to ensure a proactive workforce planning structure, clear direction needs to be implemented from the top down. Avinash Kumar will discuss the role governance and CEO engagement plays in workforce planning.
- Having clear and transparent engagement from the top down to understand the current workforce
- Learn the importance of change: how more of the same will not allow for effective workforce capabilities
- Back to basics: The creation of a more robust workforce planning approach through effective governance